Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So ... we are thinking about moving to NE PA, in Pike County, and would like some feedback about the surrounding area. and I was hoping some of my fellow VMF brothers, and/or sisters, might be able to help out with some info.
So a couple of questions:
Why are all the septic systems mounds? Is it really that shallow to rock that they have to use a mound system?
How 'Car hobby friendly' are the communities? I have seen some pretty strict HOA restrictions. :(
Any areas to stay away from??

If we decide to build instead of buying existing, I may need a couple of names of builders and GCs in the area, but for now we are just doing some homework.

Thanks

Rusty

·
Premium Member
2,064 Posts
My parents had a house up around where 739 comes into I-84 (Lords Valley). If you have been in the area you will notice there are many outcroppings of stone. That’s a pretty good indication that the stone is shallow. They had a mound and were also supposed to have a basement but the builder said that it would require blasting.

·
Registered
195 Posts
It doesn't matter where you live, HOA's are not car hobby friendly...I know, I used to make a living managing HOA's...just don't do it.

·
Premium Member
2,064 Posts
My parent’s house was in Hemlock Farms but I don’t know if they had any car hobby restrictions. Drove my fastback there many times but did not work on it there. They did have a no power tool noise restriction there on Sundays if I remember correctly.

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
Scode68 said:
They did have a no power tool noise restriction there on Sundays if I remember correctly.
Sounds like a reason to have a REALLY big tank for the air compressor. Fill it up on Saturday night and work all day Sunday with air tools. "what's the problem HOA representative; they aren't electric power tools?"

·
Premium Member
2,064 Posts
Drills, circular saws, chainsaws, sanders, leaf blowers, lawnmowers……

Snow blowers were ok!

So just about anything that made noise. Since it was a vacation home it was sold because my Dad could not do any maintenance on Sunday.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts