Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
i own a 73 convertable and when the weather is nice i take off for hours just cruisin(woman stays home of course)...
i would go with the ragtop
just my opinion though...
SEAN

G

·
0 Posts
I would go with the vert. It will appreciate more. Is it pretty stock. Also depends on where you live and what you want it for.

TJ -wrenchhead wannabee or is it neverwere

Highland Village, TX (DFW area)

66 coupe 302 2v c4 -daily driver
94 GT vert -SWMBO's
93 Aerostar - hauling stuff
50 Mercury Pickup - waiting to be restored, stored back home

G

·
0 Posts
I'd go with the FB, Shelby it all the way then try and sell it on E-Bay for $50K as an undocumented GT-500KR! :)

Raven Black 66 Fastback GT, 289 A Code, PS, C-4, AC
Pony w/Rally-Pack, TTD's
Cool Huh?

G

·
0 Posts
I would say depends on your neighborhood and the size of your garage.Convertibles are definately nice, in nice weather, and draw I think more attention going down the street with the top down.However, when it is raining or just plain cold, they are not much fun to drive or heat.I have had both for many years, I always worry when parking a convertible somewhere about the top being sliced, accidentally or intentionally.With a hardtop or fastback, I feel more secure,and warmer thanks to that roof.Both are good choices, convertibles I think need a litle more care and maintenance- they need a garage more in my opinion, of course if you live in Southern California you don't have to worry.

1967 S code GT Deluxe Coupe 65B
1966 Convertible 76B 289 4 speed
1964 Fairlane 500 2DR HT-the new project
1986 Jeep Cherokee 4X4 the "beater"
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1573428&a=11959254&p=43023698.jpg

G

·
0 Posts
i always worried about my top getting ripped also...
i had mine for 7 years and the top is still good...
however (this makes no sense) last year i parked in a garage at the local mall and when i got back my stereo and speakers were GONE ....oh yeah THEY SMASHED THE WINDSHIELD TO DO THIS!?!?!?!?!!?!!?!?!

SEAN

·
Registered
418 Posts
I have a garage and it would be something driven on nice days only, top down, etc...if you want to drive it a lot, you may want the fb...just my .02. Guy(NH)

'69 Mustang Grande
351W - 2v - FMX

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I'd vote for the fastback. But, I've always had a weakness for them.

Rob
Member: Slightly Modified
66 coupe 302
66 fastback 351W

G

·
0 Posts
Tough choice.you gotta follow your gut on this one.The convertible would be hard to pass but I would get another fastback. I always liked the lines of the 67's

Greg B

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Convertible all the way!!!

It's easier to locate a fastback in good condition than it is a vert.

Doug Whisenant

[color:red]VMF Exchange Board</font color=red>
http://members.spree.com/entertainment/whizco/graphics2/adream.jpg

·
Registered
10,587 Posts
#2....

Had a '67 coupe...would have loved the fastback...

Now if they were the same price....hmmm...still think #2...

Pat
http://www.jps.net/binay/webdocs/strtmstng002_sml.JPG

·
Registered
10,360 Posts
I disagree with you on your comment the convertable will appreciate more. 25 years ago you pretty much had to give away fastbacks compared to convertibles. They are finally being appreciated and their prices are appreciating, imho, faster than convertibles.This is certainly a debatable issue but this is my opinion.

Whether one buys the rag or the fastback is a very personal decision. Personally, I much prefer the fastbacks over the original convertibles and others are the other way around :)

Paul
1965 Mustang 2+2
1989 Mustang GT Convertible
MCA #27261
MCA certified judge for 65's and late models

G

·
0 Posts
Oh so now you say the fastback needs more work! No matter, I would still go for it.

Greg B

·
Registered
1969 Mustang GT Convertible
572 Posts
Since you live in Alabama, go with the convertible. If you buy a fastback, you'll always wish you had a convertible on a nice day. That's why I have the convert.

69convert
1969 Mustang convertible
351W 2V, FMX, Deluxe Interior

1 - 20 of 35 Posts