Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,574 Posts
How about banging the hell out of the dash to wake up the critters and scare them?

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
As long as you give them warning, they'll leave the area. You just don't want to surprise them. Banging around works. Check where you're going to reach with a flashlight and don't put your hands where you haven't checked!
Otherwise wait for the cold!!
I worry more about bee's than snakes. I hate being stung!

G

·
I think I'd be more worried about spiders. Black widows and brown recluse spiders won't crawl away if you bang the dash. They'll just get pissed...

Mark

·
Registered
279 Posts
I don't know if I would wait, someone else might not. How about a some of those bug foggers, a couple of cans of Chem-tool, wasp spray, a hammer and a shot gun.
I actually took a harness out of a '70 Cuda in one of those backwoods wrecking yards. Long sleeve shirt and pants, duct tape the cuffs to prevent critters from the sneak attack. Of course, being younger then I didn't even think about snakes. Some of those Mechanix goves might help if you can narrow it down to just critters.

·
Registered
489 Posts
If you don't mind cleaning the stuff afterwards, when I was a kid I watched a friend's dad used a fire extinguisher (dry medium) to chase out some creepy crawlies from a tool shed. Made a huge mess but also a nice stampede of surviving critters.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
I would be willing to give you some help if you need it.

G

·
use a CO2 fire extinguser and keep a spare one handy works good freezes the critters and crawlers just make sure you hit the crawlers with it, also works to chill a six pack (or so i have been told would not know myself ) CO2 will not leave a mess

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Just grab a couple of M 80 firecrackers and light them up under the dash.....

That should take care of everything under the dash......

I ended up just taking the whole dash along with the lower dash off my 69

this way there were no suprises.....

This is also another reason I don't like to rummage through the Arizona junk yards.....nor Florida Junk yards....

theyve got some Big rattle snakes out there.....and some mean
scorpions...

Um no.....that part isn't worth THAT much!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts