Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Funny you should ask. I just installed mine the other day. My car came (apart) with both the original and an aftermarket taillamp panels. The original had stress cracks all over it so I decided to use the A/M panel. As far as mounting goes there are 4 studs that go through the rear body panel on each side of the gas cap as well as two more near the 1/4 extentions. The area under the bumper has 4 more holes for screws and along the top just under the upper rearward edge of the panel it is also riveted to the rear body panel. I didn't drill for those because my panel fits nice and tight to the car at the top. My aftermarket panel fit waaaay better than any of the other Shelby fiberglass. Scuff and shoot. I don't know where the prevoius owner got it from but it fits nice. It did take me 4 hours to fit the taillamps properly though. They had to be shimmed rearward to keep good alignment with the taillamp trim. The outer section of both taillamps where too far in when bolted to the large taillamp brackets. Don't rivet the taillamp brackets in until you have the panel. The fiberglass panel will determine where they go.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Sorry for the late reply. I'm gonna hang on to it. It has stress cracks all over it. You are better off getting one from Branda.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts