Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
That would be money well spent - I intend to do the same. Ford reports tend to be incomplete and sometimes vague.
No surprise though, I'm sure Ford just has clerks processing the reports with no real appreciation for the vehicles or information.

(no offence to Ford ...or clerks)

·
Registered
4,901 Posts
At least you got your 999 Report. I've tried twice over the last year to get mine. Both times I called they did not have a clue what I was talking about. They said they would research it and get back to me. Well.....I gave up trying. I already had the Marti report (which I liked a lot), just wanted to see what the 999 had to say.

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
I would be interested to hear if the Marti report was significantly different in detail about your car. Not how many out of what number of cars with that color paint but does it differ in the base factual information. I have some lingering questions about the 999 reports but I thought the Marti reports were generated from the same data base. As far as Ford using "clerks" to do the reports, I hope nobody imagines that Kevin Marti is personally assembling each report himself or employs MBA's to do the work. Both sources just use computer programs to sort the data base.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Actually, that is not quite correct. I do personally prepare every report and use a computer. The contract company that has been hired by Ford to do this take the raw data and manually look up all the codes. Think of it like a door data plate. You get the letter code for the paint off of ithe tag and look it up in a book (and hopefully you grab the right year book), you note what it says, then you type it onto the letter. This is what they are doing. We have assembled a computer program that has all the database information programmed into it (like one of the online door data plate decoders). It will correctly look up the codes every time. All we had to do is make sure that what we put into the lookup database was error-free.

·
Registered
8,476 Posts
FWIW the "Blue LUXURY bucket seat trim" should solve the mystery about your upper console and the Interior Decor Group as that was what the dekuxe interior package was called when you decode the data plate.

As for the GT equipment group (including power front disc brakes) and the exterior decor group (including turn signal inserts in hood), both were listed on the 999 report I got for my car.

G

·
0 Posts
I got the Marti Deluxe Report on my 67 GTA and it was much more informative than the 999 that i had gotten earlier. My 999 also did not indicate my car as a GTA even though everything on the car indicated that it was.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts