Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I bought that kit for my 71 mach from California Mustang, and its installed and I cannot complain!

Took the squeek and squeel away, and the car feels better driving down the road, cornering and the whole 9 yards.

I cannot complain

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
I recomend the kits from Canadian Mustang that are sold by Canadian Mustang/American Pony and Laurel Mountain.

They are concours-correct (if that matters), are Midolyne-bushed (no squeeks or harshness) and guaranteed for life.

Pretty reasonably priced, too.

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
1. Either send yours in or purchse outright from Moog.
2. Purchase a complete kit from performance suspension technologies for about $200 (web site)

·
Premium Member
11,703 Posts
Canadian Mustang has a nice kit. They also use the Midolyn bushings, which are a bit firmer than rubber but do not squeek at all. Their prices are also pretty good:

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
I just got my kit from Laurel Mtn. Mustang. You can get the entire master kit for the front with Midolyne bushings for around $270. Very reasonable. Their service is excellent too.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Kevin, Go down to NAPA and buy all the parts you need. If your upper control arms don't have any cracks around the spring perch bolt holes then rebuild them with new shafts, ball joints and spring perches. That's what I did. NAPA carries good quality stuff and can have it all to you in a couple of days, if not the next day.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Moog makes upper arm replacement kits. Those with new ball joints, assuming that you have good uppers would make it new for a lot less than buying everything new. The lowers can be reburbished by buying Moog bushings for the inner ends and ball joints for the outer ends. You might also want to replace the strut rod bushings. The parts will cost less locally if you have a place you trust than a complete kit from a Mustang parts supplier. The down side is that it will take longer than buying complete arms and quality is not always good in my experience from those suppliers.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Like a couple of others, I suggest rebuilding the upper control arm shafts. I did that and have some photos on my Web site. Or, you could look at it as a chance to upgrade to those Global West components you know you want.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
I'm not sure how the worn shafts can affect the UCA unless the big nut on the ends was loose and "wollered" the threaded holes out. If that's the case then yes you need to replace the UCA. $279 is a good price for the complete kit. I wish I coulda went that route. Mine have turned out really nice anyway. Hopefully I'll get to install it soon.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts