Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
Nice paint color is nice paint color, regardless of manufacture. I personally like chevy reds from the late 60s a heck of a lot better than the ford orange, I mean ford red. ;)

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Looks great!

I've seen mustangs painted with Porsche, Chevy, Dodge, even Honda pigments and it's OK... Paint is paint...

·
Registered
558 Posts
Its kinda like a tatoo...if you like it so much when you see it, then wait 3-6 months and then if you still like it so much you want it permanant then do it! Its your car doesnt matter where you get the color from as long as you still love it every time you see it. ;)

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Hey, that looks like the color I just used except it was called "Autumn Maple"
I can`t remember the make it was for though ::

·
Registered
5,368 Posts
It would have been OK if you hadn't said anything. Now we all know. Sorry, you'll have to pick another color. ::

The mental picture I get of your car and that color is AWESOME. Go for it. ::

Now, which wheels ::

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
AAAHHHHH! you have gone to the dark side...lol. Do what you want! That color looks great. Wish I had painted mine anything but candy apple red! I painted my wife's lincoln for her (had to replace a bashed fender) and her and the kids said to repaint my stang that silver color with the metal flakes. I am thinking about it! ::

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
When I painted my two Mustangs I had saved all the leftover base everytime I painted either a red or blue car/truck. Then on the 66 I added some Dodge candy-red. So if it's not gonna be a concours car don't worry about it. As long as you like it!

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
95 Viper GTS blue, never had any rejection problems. Personaly, I think Chrysler has some of the best looking paint mixes out there right now and Ford should take notice.

http://www.mvmustangs.org/stampede/2001/01s101.jpg

·
Registered
327 Posts
A little O/T, but the other day I was looking at a 70 FB 351 4spd a guy had for sale. 58k original miles, never updated. He had it painted because it orginally was that "awful grabber blue." It is now sort of a maroon with BIG metalflake. Didn't look right at all.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
lest we all forget that the white Shelby stripes are GM corporate white...

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
What did he mean awful grabber blue? Where is this guy and where can I kick his ^$$%? ::

·
Registered
455 Posts
If it appeals to you, go for it. I have a 65 vert painted Toyota Cardinal Red and the wife and I both love it. :: ::
jazzbo

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Most of the colors are closely related with different names anyway. That color looks very close to the red that's on my new F150. Even Ford uses the same color with different names between their product lines. I'm sure the other manufacturers do too. Mark is right though, it's an improvement any way you look at it. :D

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Just don't tell anybody what color it REALLY is....

These guys all think MY car is Kelvinator White, They don't know it's really Amana White... :p ::

You might also check out the FORD color "RedFire" on new Mustangs - pretty close, and it's "in the family"... ;)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts