Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
I bought my car in Oklahoma, and like you, I want to know title history. I located the OK equivalent of our DMV on the internet and found a process to get a title history. Illinois may have a similar process through their DMV. Worth a check, and you can do it through your PC...

·
Registered
10,058 Posts
In Illinois, that request goes through the Secretary of State's office. It is a Springfeild (the state capitol) address.
Good Luck.

·
Registered
288 Posts
When I bought my GT I did this very thing through the California DMV. The previous owner told me he bought it from the original owner (making me the third owner). I more or less believed him as I had done alot of business with him in the past but wanted concrete proof. I had to send a request form I picked up from the local DMV and had to send it to the headquarters in Sacramento. A few weeks later I got a computer print out with all of the previous owners, there I was, third on the list and the first on the list matched what was filled out in my original owners manual for the car. I believe it lists city locations but not exact address. I'm not home right now to look at it.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
i can do a vin number search on my computer ,its a company payed website so i may have to charge alittle ,let me run mine and see what it brings back and ill let yall know.
pi71 aka vmf private investigator. :: pm me your vins.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts