Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Yep, the pad in my '68 is original and it is very soft. I thought about replacing it until I pulled it off and found out was original and in very good shape. Cleaned it up and put it back on. Save me $170 bucks. How about a picture of the repop and original side by side?

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
I drove early Mustangs when they were new cars. My dad owned '65 and '66 models, I owned '67 2+2. I recollect the dash pads were softer than the reproduction I now have in my '65 but not as soggy soft like you now find some original dash pads that have deteriorated over time.

·
Registered
791 Posts
My 69 has an original pad and it is more pliable/softer than my Dashes Direct pad on my 70 Mach. Same goes for the door panels.
Rick Allen/Oceanside, CA

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
All my original dashes get so rock hard they develop cracks the size of Grand Canyon. I guess it could be worse, the pad could have holes in it for the radio speaker. After 20 some odd years the area with all the holes just bust on through and makes a huge gapping maul.

Regards,

Dean T

1 - 5 of 5 Posts