Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Have you ever finished one of your cars before moving on??? ;)

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
You're addicted, like a lot of us. Every time I see a neglected Mustang I want to buy it. I have 6 now and I want more! ::

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
With this affliction you have, how, how how do you stay married? ;)

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
I stand by what I said once before: you're adicted to the quest and aquisition! I am too – I just can't afford to do anything about it! ;) It's that "high" of getting the perfect project car. It's the thought of maybe finding the build sheet in this one, or the deal of a lifetime. I go through exactly the same thing.

Trust me though – it's more satisfying to finish one then move on. You'll be in a whole different price bracket if you sell a completed car (instead of swaping for another in similar condition). Heck – if you restore your '68 fastback, you may be able to get enough to fund a low-end Shelby!

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I would take offense to that too!!!
For the most part these cars are an investment, granted a good share of us have more $$$ tied up in our cars than theyre worth, but theres also good share of us who make a decent buck buying and selling in the vintage car market...I know a guy who built a very nice complete 34 ford coupe street rod just from the profits made selling vintage cars and parts ..I say more power to you ya, if you can swing it buy it... $4k is a good deal for a solid fastback these days..

·
Registered
288 Posts
I come across deals on occassion, but my wife doesn't ALWAYS let me buy them. :(

Your either single, or spoiled rotten. ::

·
Registered
10,060 Posts
If I were you, I would ENJOY THE KARMA. If bumping into great deals by accident, or otherwise, why not just enjoy the ride.
Things change, gets old, but right now you're hitting it just right. Go with it.
I wish I had some of that luck.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
At least the cars you find are for sale! Not that I have the money, but I know or a handful of cars that have been sitting in garages for many years untouched. The owners are going to fix them up some day yadda yadda yadda. One is a 66 vert I6/3speed dead stock no rust to be found and another is a dead stock 66 coupe A-code/3 speed with no rust to be found except for a spot of surface rust the size of a quarter on a fender apron.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts