Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Maybe if you broke a fingernail when the steering wheel tore out of you hand you might be a likely candidate.

My "doofus" response to your title would have been: The car turns the opposite direction of the steering wheel.

Glad to hear nothing was damaged and all worked out!

·
Registered
118 Posts
I did the same exact thing back in 1988. Started the car and just about broke my wrist when I grabbed the steering wheel which was pulsating left and right with extreme violence !! I finally grabbed the wheel and forced it all the way to the left and then all the way to the right in my feeble attempt to "bleed the air from the system." Finally I guessed that the hoses were crossed and fixed it all up right. That PS pump is certainly powerful !!!

-Jeff

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Just be glad you didn't reach your arm into the car thru the rolled down window, thru the steering wheel to start the car. You would have broken your arm. That's how I used to start my car until I saw what can happen when you mix-up the power steering hoses. I do not start my car that way anymore!

·
Administrator
19,498 Posts
Oh yeah, we did that with my coupe two years ago. The funniest part was when Chuck said to hold on to the wheel tightly and start it, thinking I could keep it from doing that. A second later I was slammed down on the console. :: Then we fixed the hoses.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts