Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
67 FB, 390 six speed...Restomod..."C" Code OK...

I am working toward it I guess...If you consider that I own two coupes and will keep saving money to attain the goal....

Also want a 67 vert...Again restomod....V8 manual 5 speed or six speed....

I want a set....

Mel

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Building it now. Then I'll build my next dream car. Then after that one is done....

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Lately, it's been a deluxe interior burgundy 67 FB. GT S code would be great! I love the brushed aluminum trim.

Use to be a 70 Mach 1 with shaker, then I got one. Before that it was a GT 65/66 convert. Got that too.
At one time all I dreamed about was getting PINKIE painted.

It's elusive!

I posted a few days ago that a friend told me I'm not satisfied because I haven't truly fallen in love. When that happens nothing else will be attractive.

I love the '01 Bullitt and have no desire for a newer stang. But let see what happens when the new model comes out.

Greener pasture syndrome...

J.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I'd really love to have a '70 Boss 429. I love the look of those cars. But I'll settle for a finished '67 coupe that I bought in Alabama! :)

Some day, I'll buy a '69 or '70 and make a Boss 429 out of it. I don't think I'll be able to afford a real one. ::

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
You know this, but a 1966 GT350H, followed by a 1956 Merc Montclair 'vert like this one. With two young boys (4 and 9 mo), I fully expect both to remain out of my price range.

·
Registered
912 Posts
I really want a 1970 Boss 302 in grabber blue, black interior with the shaker, slats, spoilers, the whole shot. I came close when I got my Mach 1 this summer, but to me the Boss 302 is the ultimate Mustang. Either that or I really like, make that love, the look of a chopped '32 ford 5 window. Of course I think the 427 concept car they have just put out looks pretty nice too. Damn it, too many dream cars for me. I guess the Boss 302 is the most feasible in the next couple years.

·
Registered
10,174 Posts
As you can see, I already own what a lot of people would consider their dream car. I wish I would have "bumped" into the Super Snake back then though.
Boss 429? Yeah, in a Cougar!!
289 Cobra Roadster.

·
Premium Member
3,825 Posts
I love my current 3 cars and all, but my 'dream' car is a 1965 Shelby GT350. More specifically car 003, which was the first prototype. A local guy here in WA owns the car...

·
Registered
288 Posts
Got "them". No one car can be all things so I have two. Both built Dec. 1, 1965. Ten cars apart on the SanJose Line. I was born Dec. 11, 1965. 6cyl Auto convertible for when I feel like cruising lazily with the top down, GT 4sp when I feel like a little more Power.

·
Registered
47 Posts
perfect dream car... well ferrari of course.. 355 spyder. as for a reachable dream car... i think i might save up for the NEW mustang convertibles.. maybe wait for a cobra convert or something... those new ones just has best of both worlds. new school tech old school charm.

·
Registered
165 Posts
1969 Boss 429... black ::

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Ok, ok...

But I get more than one choice and almost none of them could ever happen!

5) 65 GT350 R Model
4) 67 GT350 (I know, the R Model's worth a ton more)
3) 70 Boss 302
2) 69 Boss 302

and the Number One:

1) Any real GT40 (I know, not a Mustang - I don't care!)

Since I can't (don't) have any of those, this weekend I'm gonna go have more fun than I ever could in one of those! Come watch at Sears Point as we do to our cars what we could never do to one of those (there's a post in the Nor Cal forum with details)!

·
Registered
193 Posts
my dream cars are the two im restoring right now. as you can see, theyre not too pretty, but i love em. its always been my dream to have a classic stang, and now i have em. these are enough for now, but maybe in the future(if i stumble across 100 grand ::) i'll strive for a 68 shelby gt500kr convertible. candyapple red with parchment interior. aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :: :: ::

·
Beach Bum
5,694 Posts
A 1969 Mach-1 390 or 428 CJ with shaker & a 4 spd. ::

·
Registered
981 Posts
I had my chance to buy my dream car before buying the one I have now.It was a 67 gt 390 fastback w/ a 427-2x4 w/4 speed.it was in my price range but I could never get the time to go and get it.I think my next dream mustang maybe a 69-70 gt500 vert. ::

1 - 20 of 39 Posts