Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Post deleted by bob

2K views 38 replies 35 participants last post by  Guest 
#1 ·
[No message]

#2 ·
67 FB, 390 six speed...Restomod..."C" Code OK...

I am working toward it I guess...If you consider that I own two coupes and will keep saving money to attain the goal....

Also want a 67 vert...Again restomod....V8 manual 5 speed or six speed....

I want a set....

Mel

#3 ·
Building it now. Then I'll build my next dream car. Then after that one is done....

#4 ·
Lately, it's been a deluxe interior burgundy 67 FB. GT S code would be great! I love the brushed aluminum trim.

Use to be a 70 Mach 1 with shaker, then I got one. Before that it was a GT 65/66 convert. Got that too.
At one time all I dreamed about was getting PINKIE painted.

It's elusive!

I posted a few days ago that a friend told me I'm not satisfied because I haven't truly fallen in love. When that happens nothing else will be attractive.

I love the '01 Bullitt and have no desire for a newer stang. But let see what happens when the new model comes out.

Greener pasture syndrome...

J.

#5 ·
I'd really love to have a '70 Boss 429. I love the look of those cars. But I'll settle for a finished '67 coupe that I bought in Alabama! :)

Some day, I'll buy a '69 or '70 and make a Boss 429 out of it. I don't think I'll be able to afford a real one. ::

#6 ·
You know this, but a 1966 GT350H, followed by a 1956 Merc Montclair 'vert like this one. With two young boys (4 and 9 mo), I fully expect both to remain out of my price range.

#9 ·
I really want a 1970 Boss 302 in grabber blue, black interior with the shaker, slats, spoilers, the whole shot. I came close when I got my Mach 1 this summer, but to me the Boss 302 is the ultimate Mustang. Either that or I really like, make that love, the look of a chopped '32 ford 5 window. Of course I think the 427 concept car they have just put out looks pretty nice too. Damn it, too many dream cars for me. I guess the Boss 302 is the most feasible in the next couple years.

#14 ·
Got "them". No one car can be all things so I have two. Both built Dec. 1, 1965. Ten cars apart on the SanJose Line. I was born Dec. 11, 1965. 6cyl Auto convertible for when I feel like cruising lazily with the top down, GT 4sp when I feel like a little more Power.

#15 ·
perfect dream car... well ferrari of course.. 355 spyder. as for a reachable dream car... i think i might save up for the NEW mustang convertibles.. maybe wait for a cobra convert or something... those new ones just has best of both worlds. new school tech old school charm.

#17 ·
Ok, ok...

But I get more than one choice and almost none of them could ever happen!

5) 65 GT350 R Model
4) 67 GT350 (I know, the R Model's worth a ton more)
3) 70 Boss 302
2) 69 Boss 302

and the Number One:

1) Any real GT40 (I know, not a Mustang - I don't care!)

Since I can't (don't) have any of those, this weekend I'm gonna go have more fun than I ever could in one of those! Come watch at Sears Point as we do to our cars what we could never do to one of those (there's a post in the Nor Cal forum with details)!

#18 ·
my dream cars are the two im restoring right now. as you can see, theyre not too pretty, but i love em. its always been my dream to have a classic stang, and now i have em. these are enough for now, but maybe in the future(if i stumble across 100 grand ::) i'll strive for a 68 shelby gt500kr convertible. candyapple red with parchment interior. aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :: :: ::

#19 ·
A 1969 Mach-1 390 or 428 CJ with shaker & a 4 spd. ::

#20 ·
I had my chance to buy my dream car before buying the one I have now.It was a 67 gt 390 fastback w/ a 427-2x4 w/4 speed.it was in my price range but I could never get the time to go and get it.I think my next dream mustang maybe a 69-70 gt500 vert. ::

#21 ·
I'm working on mine! Elvis is competing for attention with other projects, so who knows when it will be completed. Slowly but surely. My ultimate dream vehicle though is still in it's infancy on my art table. One day there will be a pro-street style 'slant-cab' F-100 in my garage.

#22 ·
My dream car is a 66 convertible mustang, deluxe blue and white interior, Silver blue paint..... :: :: Dawn

#24 ·
1)1969 Mach1 SCJ R-CODE DragPack
2)1970 Ford Pantera
3)1970 BOSS 302 Raven Black with, louvers.
4)1966 Mustang Conv. Candy Apple Red
5)1934 Ford Coupe Custom Rod

#25 ·
I want Bob's car....or at least a GT350 like it. That thing sure is clean. Im jealous, he has a GT350 and a bmw 7 series. I wanna be Bob when i grow up.

Ryan

#26 ·
Ah well Iam happy to say yes I do in fact a couple of them and I do own them and trying to build another. I'm lucky enough to have lived long enough to make my dream car realitiy, course theres always room for more, LOL

On this note some words of wisdom for some of our younger members, you know Midlife, Jazzbo and such just kidding. Truly theres a lot of younger guys out here than marvel at others cars and can't ever see themselfs having same.

Iam here to tell ya if you can stay alive long enough to become old fart and keep your dreams you will have them if you keep working towards them and struggle through lifes difficult times and experences etc.Very few of us who have some of these really fantastic cars, IE Kent, Bossman, Jawstng, Dodgestang ( Well almost) and so many others were able to gets these cars in are early twenties etc. Most of us are older and have time in life where theres more dissposable income etc to allow us to follow our dreams.

Like someone much better than I once said

" I have a dream "

Stick with it guys you will get there.

Man I sure feel like father time
Mark

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.