Vintage Mustang Forums banner

101 - 120 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
My intended "mod" is not so normal. At some point I am going to do this:

Background: Ripped the entire AC system out of my 72 Mach 1 but I still have the control panel so what I planned on doing with the vacant control panel space is having a custom panel made up with "LUDICROUS SPEED" (ala Spaceballs) etched into it and a hole drilled in the center to mount a switch, which will be the on/off for a nitrous system. I'd also like to make it so whenever I turn the enable switch on a robot woman's voice says through the speakers "ludicrous speed engaged".

I think that would be entertaining. This Mach 1 is such a rebuilt mutt that I am not even beginning to try to do a #s matching resto. I'm basically restoring it to look original on the outside but have some crazy stuff on the inside.

Anyway, that's the dream.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
This is "Thunder" The theme of the project, was to improve the car, but make it look as if the changes were period correct, as much as possible. There are hundreds and hundreds of stealthy mods, throughout the car. One example; the insides of all the scoops were block sanded, instead of having raw fiberglass mat.

I worked a long time on the "stance" and am very happy with the way she turned out. Front is 2" lowered, rear 1.5", Engine 434cu FE, rear tires 315/35/17

Every piece of fiberglass and sheet metal was modified in some way. Some more than others. When it is all together, she looks stock, but better than stock. I love it when enthusiasts puzzle over the car, and say "what did you do here, is this stock?"

Thunder will be raising money for a local children's hospital starting this summer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi! guys speaking of modifidied i have 1968 ford coupe with mustang II kit suspension so after removed the columns i have i alot more space so my question is can . thxi install a 460 on it. tnx

·
Premium Member
10,756 Posts
This is "Thunder" The theme of the project, was to improve the car, but make it look as if the changes were period correct, as much as possible. There are hundreds and hundreds of stealthy mods, throughout the car. One example; the insides of all the scoops were block sanded, instead of having raw fiberglass mat.

I worked a long time on the "stance" and am very happy with the way she turned out. Front is 2" lowered, rear 1.5", Engine 434cu FE, rear tires 315/35/17

Every piece of fiberglass and sheet metal was modified in some way. Some more than others. When it is all together, she looks stock, but better than stock. I love it when enthusiasts puzzle over the car, and say "what did you do here, is this stock?"

Thunder will be raising money for a local children's hospital starting this summer.
NICE !!! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
10,756 Posts
Wow...yesterday, I was just wondering if a full frame could be incorporated into a unibody Mustang. I guess so. :)
yeah but then it becomes too heavy. you can tie it all together with a cage and frame extensions. if this dam rain will stop i will roll my 65 out in the sunlight and take some pics of the inside part of the roll cage and how its welded to the a-pilars. i am going to take the cowl off and put tubing in their and the car will be tied together from the shock towers to the rear frame rails. you have to remove the dash and cowl to do that. i'm using 1.675" x .120" DOM roll cage tubing.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hey all, I've been lurking while working on my 67. I think this is my first post. 05 quarter windows and seats.

that looks awesome!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
made my own subframe connectors.

i made them look like the front floor extensions and took them all the way back rolling them up the rear frame rail.

the ribbing on the floor was modified to look like the ribbing that stops short of the front floor extensions. the rear drains had to be relocated.

also fit a shaker on a windsor/victor jr intake combination.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
made my own subframe connectors.

i made them look like the front floor extensions and took them all the way back rolling them up the rear frame rail.

the ribbing on the floor was modified to look like the ribbing that stops short of the front floor extensions. the rear drains had to be relocated.

also fit a shaker on a windsor/victor jr intake combination.

Nice work, and nice detail, very professional.

·
Banned
3,730 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
My son and I did this swap to his car in 2000. Basically a 96 Cobra under a classic body. All the work was done in my garage.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/598113
nice. didnt think the rear seats would fit. i have some extra rear seats from a 97 gt. gonna have to try that. any major cutting?

my 67 is at ModifiedBeasts.com , pics and mod list

edit: 70 body is wider than the 67 body isnt it? might not work in mine

101 - 120 of 152 Posts