Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 238 Posts

·
Administrator
12,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Dude had a great idea! (Thanks) Let's see what you have or seen. This way we won't have people saying their set-ups are too quiet or too loud. LOL
Stan

·
Registered
9,104 Posts

·
Administrator
12,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now I see your idea! You had an ulterior motive to get your 6 cyl exhaust posted on a sticky. Very sneaky. LOL (BTW, it sounds great!)
Stan

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Dude, your links all say media doesn't exist.

Here's mine idling, headers with X-pipe and no mufflers. Check out my shag carpet while your in there. lol

·
Registered
9,104 Posts
Now I see your idea! You had an ulterior motive to get your 6 cyl exhaust posted on a sticky. Very sneaky. LOL (BTW, it sounds great!)
Stan
Ha! Take that, V8 owners. :)

Thanks for the compliment; I think it sounds pretty good for a slightly modified I6.

sycostang,

Good to have you back! I would love to hear your car under load. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Magnaflow

363 Stroker, 3" exhaust-Magnaflow mufflers. 11:1 compression, Comp Cams .598" /598" 230/230 110 separation

Much quieter at idle than the Flowmaster that use to be on the car. Sounds good going through the gears. Then when I want race car sound at the touch of a button I have it, with the cut outs.

Video of Dyno

Idle

Idle with cut outs open

Hope to have more videos soon
Preston

·
Registered
771 Posts
Mine is no rocket, but it's fun. People say it sounds like the Bullitt car (yes, I know the Bullitt was a BB). Mine is a 289 .030 over with roller rockers, headers, and flowmasters.
http://www.packlighter.com/BKrd/car.wma

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts

410 cubes
Long tube headers
40 series flowmaster
3 inch pipes with an 'x' pipe
Dumps at the axle

The hood isn't on for this one....so its a little louder and the sound isn't all there

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Ha! Take that, V8 owners. :)

Thanks for the compliment; I think it sounds pretty good for a slightly modified I6.

sycostang,

Good to have you back! I would love to hear your car under load. :thumbsup:
I know, I tend to disappear for long periods of time. I got the diesel bug so I've been feeding that addiction lately. I'll get some more vids made this summer when I get the motor back together, may even get a dyno run.

Some sick sounding cars in here, gonna short out my keyboard drooling on it.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hi
Thanks for this. I own a 66 coup with Dynomax 17731 mufflers which are still very new looking. The car needs an H pipe. The rear pipes are about 1.75 inch which are new. Was thinking of putting a brand new system in but now thinking of just installing an H pipe as one of the single pipes has a leak at the manifold ( does not line up properly). Also the rear hangers are attached to the floor not the frame rails or does that matter? I don't mind the sound just would be quieter without the leak.
Any thoughts.
Regards Denis

·
I won a special award
7,409 Posts
393W with .621 solid roller cam with about 11.7 compression. 1 3/4" primary headers into 2 1/2" exhaust with Flowmaster 44's and tail pipes to the valance

At idle

Driving

·
Registered
325 Posts
maxum - sounds great!!!! Was like I was listening to the chase scene in Bullitt!!!! :)

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
maxum, you may look at your suspension.....it seems to dog track in lower gears LOL Very nice ride along.

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
357w
11:1 compression
Engine is estimated in the 530hp range at the crank
1 3/4" Hooker Super Comp headers (3" collector)
3" Pypes x-pipe
3" exhaust back to Hooker Max Flow mufflers
Exhaust dumped before rear axle

·
Registered
345 Posts
Allright, here's my 347 with Magnaflows

Here's a few clips of my '67 fastback with homebuilt 347.

11:1 compression, small custom hydraulic roller cam (220/230ish with .570 lift), Canfield cylinder heads, out of the box Holley 770cfm Street Avenger carburetor, Hooker Cometition 1 5/8 headers and Magnaflow 2,5" dual exhausts with X-pipe.
The car is a little loud for my taste, especially at WOT.

Idling:

Onboard WOT:

Passing WOT (passing by in the foreground after the yellow Camaro):

Dyno:

1 - 20 of 238 Posts