2,523 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
OK, I'll play...
302/5.0, E303 cam, 600 carb, Tri-Y headers, X-pipe, 2.5 pipes, front in/out Dynomax SuperTurbos, oval Dr Gas tips.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
1965 Coupe
351w, 2.5" Off-Road H-pipe, Flowmaster 40's out the valence
Never mind the smoke, still have to seat the rings.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Here's Plain Jane Idling - nothing special. 2 1/2" X pipe, DynoMax Super Turbos.

She makes a little more noise on the dyno.

Here's a quick 2-3 gear test run. Let out early - it's not safe to do that kind of stuff :).

The DynoMax turbos are loud enough to sound good, still talk or hear the radio, and I can hear that other funny noise when I hit the gas (the one I really want to hear). Has a little resonance (gets louder) at 2200-2300 RPM, but not really objectionable (just have to drive a little faster!).

·
Registered
135 Posts
Very nice Ozark. That a 289 in there? You just sold me on those Dynomax's. What a sweet sound.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I got some better vids of my car. Warm 357W, long tubes, 2.5" X-pipe, straight out the back and dumps behind rear valence.

Here is an in car vid.

·
Registered
81 Posts

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
3 chamber flowmasters

Sound from inside and outside on several places on the car during an autocross run.

400hp Performer RPM 351 - 2 1/2" mandrel bent custom exhaust.

The big difference in eliminating the drone is to seriously rubber mount the mufflers and tail pipes not just rubber washers to the frame and run the tail pipes past the rear valance by 2 inches to get the sound out from under the car. That way you get great rumble but when you roll up the windows a stereo or conversation is possible...

·
Registered
237 Posts
Stock to Dynomax 2.5 Turbo Thrush comparison

Here's the before and after of my Mustang. The sound quality could be better but you'll definitely here the deeper bass tone to the second. First video is the stock cast iron manifolds with the V8 single exit exhaust. Second video is Flowtech headers and Dynomax Turbo Thrush 2.5" dual exhaust. The keen ear will notice the slight exhaust leak under the hood on both videos. I eventually changed the Flowtech headers to Hooker Headers which match the AFR exhaust ports better. I should probably do a 3rd video but the sound really isn't different between the two headers... just got rid of the exhaust leak.

http://youtu.be/P8jpsfFt0sE

JACK

21 - 40 of 252 Posts