Vintage Mustang Forums banner

41 - 60 of 252 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
@ mustang6tee8

I know some people don't like them and some other ones love them too I had to admit they don look good on a car that is 100% original and classic. But my car it's all custom ,take a look a the car from the in side to the out side it's all custom ( trunk , lights , grill , bumper , hood , paint , power antena , power windows , shaved handles , pop out door , door panels with speakers , custom center console with gps ,touch screen, toggle switch for pop out doors and trunk and by pass stereo , alarm star up engine , 2 kill switch , fuel pump , up graded wheels and american racing rims , disk brakes , airbrush , carbon fiber dash , and I can continue with all the modification I did on my car and the cool thing i did all the costum my self at the end i respect all the sugestions , I admire any classic car just as much I admire my car I think I just like the cool gadgets on a older car

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
this isn't quite realistic, but these are Borla XR-1 Sportsman's.

they are just hanging off the collectors.

i'll need to get the exhaust run out the back of the valance soon, so i'll post another when that time comes. it should get much quieter.

4.1" stroke windsor
1 3/4" long tubes
hydraulic roller

and this was the first time to drive it around outside...

Assembly :: driveway.mp4 video by buckeyedemon - Photobucket

·
Registered
5,521 Posts
this isn't quite realistic, but these are Borla XR-1 Sportsman's.

they are just hanging off the collectors.

i'll need to get the exhaust run out the back of the valance soon, so i'll post another when that time comes. it should get much quieter.

4.1" stroke windsor
1 3/4" long tubes
hydraulic roller

and this was the first time to drive it around outside...

Assembly :: driveway.mp4 video by buckeyedemon - Photobucket
Car sounds good man. Good to see it finally move.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Lots of great cars & beautiful sounds in this thread :pirate:

Mine's nothing special:
warmed-up 351c
FPA headers
Dr. Gas X-pipe (3" in, 2-1/2" out)
SpinTech Sportsman Street mufflers
tailpipes over the axle & out at the rear valance

Normal cruising:

A little more exhaust, a little less radio:

No radio, just sweet music:

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Sound from inside and outside on several places on the car during an autocross run.

400hp Performer RPM 351 - 2 1/2" mandrel bent custom exhaust.

The big difference in eliminating the drone is to seriously rubber mount the mufflers and tail pipes not just rubber washers to the frame and run the tail pipes past the rear valance by 2 inches to get the sound out from under the car. That way you get great rumble but when you roll up the windows a stereo or conversation is possible...

New perspectives on an Vintage 66 Mustang FLR SCCA SEAD - YouTube
Forgot to mention FLowmaster 3 chambers

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Any guesses to the exhaust set up on this car ? the guys says in the comments somewhere but I haven't heard a classic stang with cherry bombs that sounds anything like this ? I assume the 19 year old owner doesn't really know what this car has, but I love this sound ! It is a Brit car I guess they call mufflers silencers ?
It has 2 cherry bomb silencers, one for each side, I think the were 28inch long and had a 4inch holesize. It's a custom made T390 stainless steel exhaust. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
370 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
357w, worked cast iron heads, headers, 3" x pipe, Spintech super stock 1000xp with dumps. It's the only video I have right now.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
After fixing a pretty bad intake manifold leak.. My 331 EFI is finally idling. She still needs a tune, but the hard part is done. :pirate:

The mufflers are Spintech with 2.5" pipes. The cam is a Trick Flow stage 2.

-Shannon

41 - 60 of 252 Posts