Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of adding power brakes to my Mustrang. I already have 4 wheel disc - Granda and Versailles. I know I can get the Trans Am racing unit 15/16 bore or a 1" bore for a little firmer pedal. I also see that NPD now sells a dual resv. unit and Master power brakes does too. Anyone have an opinion on which unit is the best, or why one is better then another. I know that the Trans Am Racing with the trick cnc adapter plate was one of the first on the market and it is run on their own car with the brake set up like mine. Thoughts and or suggestions. Thanks,
Kory

G

·
0 Posts
I was told that the one from National Parts Depot had been returned for a refund by many customers.

'68 Coupe, Modified 289 w/ Holley blower
'65 Convertible (future 66 Shelby GT350 clone)
427 Cobra Replica

G

·
0 Posts
Check out the JMC motorsports unit. The shop that does all my work, Johns Mustangs and Classics of San Diego, makes their own dual master cylinder unit.

Check out http://www.totalcontrolproducts.com and go to products and then brakes to see the unit. (JMC makes it for Total Control Products)

I have it on m car, but I have not had a chance to drive it so I cant tell you what I think of it. I dont get my car back next week, so I wont have any input until then.

If you want to see some blurry pictures of how it looks installed, go to my website @
http://www.members.home.net/tomtalford

I'll have some better pictures of it up Monday night when I get my film and disk back.

Tom

66 Coupe:
302, AFR heads, Tremec 5 speed, Performer RPM, MSD Ignition, 9" w/ 3.70 gears, 4 wheel disc, subframe connectors, etc

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
Did you install it yourself?

I've got that sitting on my shelf... 2 things about it made me not want to jump into it just yet.

1.) There is no provision to hold the push rod in, nothing for it to catch on to prevent the brake pedal from pulling it out.

2.) It's a big sucka and tough to mount and hook up with the 351W under the hood.

[email protected]
1967 351W Convertible
2000 Mustang GT

G

·
0 Posts
Stainless Steel Brakes has a dual power master cylinder also. I installed one a few months ago in my daily driver (already had their disk conversion). It works great. It's definately worth a look.

Bill Headley
64.5 "D" Coupe

G

·
0 Posts
Jay:

No I didnt install it my self, John did.

They are really nice guys and helpful too, so give them a call at 619 230 8866 and tell them about your concerns.

Tom

http://www.members.home.net/tomtalford

66 Coupe:
302, AFR heads, Tremec 5 speed, Performer RPM, MSD Ignition, 9" w/ 3.70 gears, 4 wheel disc, subframe connectors, etc

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was wondering who made the JMC stuff on the TCP web site. Now I know. But the JMC unit is not a power unit. I already have man. disc brakes, and the pedal moves just fine..but I figured upgrading to power would give me even better braking ability.

Kory

1 - 7 of 7 Posts