Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, ready to reinstall a rebuilt booster and was wondering if it should be cast color, semi gloss black, or gloss black...interested in concourse correct scheme...also, should I paint the band which secures the two halves together, or leave it natural and clear over it? Does the Master cylinder get painted too? I've cleaned it up and thought about leaving it natural cast color as well and simply clear coating it? I'm trying to stay as close to stock/original as possible and appreciate any input...No access to spray equipment so rattle can info is appreciated as well. In the middle of cleaning and detailing the engine compartment and have been using Krylon semi-flat as advised in this forum...So far so good, I'm just not sure how long I can expect the good looks to last...Thanks again!Tom

·
Registered
5,674 Posts
Per the 67-68 MCA info I have it lists the power booster as semi-gloss black.

·
Registered
7,671 Posts
From the factory, the booster and the master cylinder were both a semi-gloss black. Master cylinder cap took a metallic "disc brake/brake fluid required" decal.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Booster,band and master= semigloss black for 67/68.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responses...followup question is: is it the samw semi-gloss black as the rest of the engine compartment?? Thank you all again...

G

·
0 Posts
No, it wasn't the same paint. The booster and master cylinder had a little more gloss. Remember that the master cylinder is attached to the booster and then both are painted together.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts