Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 68 with the I6 and auto trans. I just put in a power brake setup, but can't figure out where the vacuum line goes. I have the factory shop manual, but I can't find it in there. Can I just tap off the PVC line?

-Beau

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
I wouldn't use the PCV line, it opens/closes intermittently and the hose will just suck flat. There are some really good diagrams and pics of where you should hook your vacuum hose from the booster here:
Brake vacuum on a 6 cylinder - MustangForums.com

Be sure to get a length of hose designed for brake booster vacuum as you will simply collapse normal fuel, heater, etc. hose and be left with no vacuum.
Jon

·
Registered
5,741 Posts
Yes use a high pressure power steering hose, they won't collapse. You need a constant vacuum port off intake for the source.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
On mine, it looks like a hard line comes off that port, up and over the valve cover, turns into a rubber line.then down to the tranny. Can I T off that right where it turns rubber, or do I need to hunt down a brass T fitting at the manifold like shown in the other thread? Looks like Home Depot or ACE might have them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts