Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey hi. readers. need some help on what its the method of hooking up the vacuum line from the carburetor base plate to the. pcv valve and the power brake booster . we currently have the hose from the valve cover with the pcv in it. going into the carb. base plate. and need the correct set up go to the brake booster as well. Anyone have pics we could see ? this is the final step to our front disc brake conversion . thx D

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
Well you haven’t told us what year car or what engine size, so Ill give you a general answer. The booster check valve is connected to a short piece of hose. That connects to a steel line (looks like fuel line). The steel line screws into a fitting at the rear of the intake manifold.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Flade. my bad. I thought this after the post. 1966. mustang convertible. 289 cu in. I saw the metal line on cj pony website. but , do no see how the pcv valve hose that is existing connects to both or even if it is connected together. sorry for the lack of details. lol. was lil rushed any more advice. or better pics? thx D

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
The PCV is completely different. It connects from the valve cover to the spacer plate under the carb. Most other vacuum controlled stuff is connected to the fitting at the rear of the manifold. If you have an automatic transmission it should be connected there.

As for CJ Pony, the website has great videos and is helpful to look stuff up, but you’ll find the vast majority of folks here don’t recommend them due to poor customer service experiences and frequently back ordered parts. NPD is far superior.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Flade. the pcv valve is connected that way. and we do have a auto trans. The car is at our other location. so I cant go look. but there is a vacuum line going to the trans. metal line to rubber hose. Not very big in diameter like 1/4 in or so. can we tee off of that line. and do not use the pcv line / base plate connection. thx for all our help. we are so close to completing this part of our project. I did the rear leaf springs and shock over the past weekend. Next is the front sway bar. then. off the get a new top. Then a detail when its back. Its in great shape and it will sparkle when im done.

·
Registered
35,847 Posts
'65-66 Vacuum Tree showing power brake tube. Small nipples would have been used for automatic transmission vacuum modulator, if equipped and the other capped. Later models would have used the additional vacuum nipple for air conditioner, DVCV plumbing, tilt-a-way, etc. Was threaded into intake manifold runner at rear, driver's side.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
woodchuck. lol. where can I get the part as on the pic. that will do it. ?? thx so much.

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
Reactions: Woodchuck

·
Registered
5,355 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sweet. we been a bit. on theis. as car is off site. and it only when I can attack. lol. im on it this year. won't b long. car was stored a long time. gas went bad. took care all that. so now. in final. stages. thx. D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts