Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have installed a power brake booster in the vert. i was wondering where the best place to attach the vacuum line to.it`s a stock 289 with a C4. i thought about a "T" off the PCV hose. or try to get a "T" fitting for the C4. how did they do it from the factory?
and ideas or suggestions are greatly apreciated
once again THANKS!

·
Registered
993 Posts
I thought it was taken off the intake manifold. Could be wrong, but would like to know as I will be needing to do this in the future.. I tried like hell to find a original T-fitting to do this for my Heater\AC controls and could not find one. Went to the local hardware store and picked one up for a few bucks in the plumbing section. Hey what ever works right..

·
Registered
394 Posts
Should be manifold vacuum. Either off a fitting directly on the manifold or a barbed nipple at the rear base of the carb.

·
Registered
781 Posts
My 67 has a fitting on the rear of the manifold, an alluminum tube bolts to the fitting and then a hose to the booster. I think NPD sells the fitting and tube. Good Luck

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
is the fitting you descride near the C4 vacuum fitting?
i could not find any obvious places to attach another fitting

·
Registered
501 Posts
It can be connected to either the vacuum tree on the intake mainifold itself that goes to the C4 tranny vacumm, or connect straight to the back side base of the carb.

I connected mine to the base of the Carb/backside and had no problems with loss of vacuum causing possible weak brakes or shifting problems.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Did you ever get this figured out. I posted a similar question today. Except in my case, there is a line runnung from intake to brake power boster vavle, the valve also has a nipple that the tranny is connect to.

I was asking the VMF'rs to see if this is a valid configuration.

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
actually, I went to a hardware store and was able to get a "T" fitting with the correct hose sizes to tap into the PCV hose near the carb. so far so good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts