Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a problem -I`m in midway point to doing a manual drum/to a factory power disc brake setup in my 68 fastback--I`m putting the vacume booster in,got the steering column removed to install the pedal support/plus add a clutch pedal for the T5 next --now here goes --the guy I got the pedals off of assured me it was a power brake/ manual trans setup for a 68 (bought the whole pedal setup with support) I get the booster from my friendly neighborhood parts house-drill my extra hole in firewall for the booster -tower and booster semi bolted in place and the brake pedal when when connected to the booster rod is flat on the floor! -what gives? did the guy gagg me with the pedals?I`ve never known for the booster to pedal rod as adjustable? something ain`t right -I would greatly appreciate any help or input -yes I did a search- not too much I wasn`t aware of in that ---like to get an exploded view of both setups or at least a 68 power brake pedal to compare or has anybody else had this problem? Thanks again VFMers

·
Registered
646 Posts
The pushrod that is attached to the booster should be adjustable. You can just turn out the end (or in your case I believe you have to turn in the end) to achieve the desired pedal travel. Try this and see if it helps. The adjustable pushrod's sole purpose is to govern pedal travel to the floor.

Jeff

·
Registered
124 Posts
I am sure you have checked this since I can tell by your post you are savvy, but make sure the pushrod isn't already in the "IN" position.

Just go slow, breathe, and quit bangin' yer head on the fender! I wish I could be of more help. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I`ll give it a shot-sounds easy enough--I was turning an old core I had laying around didn`t seem to do much-I`ll admit I didn`t think it would do anything so I didn`t try to hard --just seemed like it freewheeled in the bore--I hope your right I`m out of solutions Thanks!--

1 - 4 of 4 Posts