Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 67' GT with original power front disc brakes. Thinking of taking the original motor out and replacing with a Monstor 351w.... Issue is, Monstor means I'll loose my vacuum for my power booster and really don't want to run a can.....

Has anyone figured this out? I had someone tell me to pull off the booster and replace the master with a power drum brake master....

How are you guys dealing with this issue?

·
Registered
35,830 Posts
Has anyone figured this out? I had someone tell me to pull off the booster and replace the master with a power drum brake master....
That would be a serious mistake. A drum master would not operate the disc brakes properly.

Use Rhodes lifters in your "monster". You'll probably keep enough vacuum to operate the brakes, and it'll drive better, too.

·
(actually Slim Jr now)
24,597 Posts
I have a 67' GT with original power front disc brakes. Thinking of taking the original motor out and replacing with a Monstor 351w.... Issue is, Monstor means I'll loose my vacuum for my power booster and really don't want to run a can.....

How are you guys dealing with this issue?

Are you concerned the vacuum will be too low on the Monster 351W engine for satisfactory booster function?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts