Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm installing a pair of seats from an '88 T-bird Turbo Coupe in my '70 coupe. These seats also have power lumbar support; the wiring is such that a pair of wires run into a plug. What's the best way to wire it so that I can take advantage of the power lumbar?

·
Registered
692 Posts
If its only two wires, then it needs to be wired to reverse the polarity. Its tough to explain how to wire it here, so I've emailed you a wiring diagram that I made for my power windows. The power windows also had two wires and needed to reverse polarity. You'll need a momentary on - off - momentary on rocker switch with 6 posts on the back. Email me if you've got other questions.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did not have to change the track; all I had to do was drill two holes per seat so that I could use my old seat tracks. The seats came with hardened bolts so I just used the bolts to tap the threads into the new holes.

Also had to bend the old lever handles down so that they would clear the bottom of the new seat.

The seats fit great. I sit at about the same height as in the old seats. However, I now have the option of reclining a bit and this gains me a bit more headroom. I didn't like the upright seating position of the old seats anyway; this is one of the reasons for the new seats. I find them very comfortable as well; they are cloth which I prefer over leather (although I've seen these seats in leather as well). The headrests are also adjustable and nice for the long cruises.

If you can find a good pair of these at a junkyard; I highly recommend them. I got sick of looking and bought a pair from for $140. I bought a passenger side seat (drivers side seats always seem to be shot or missing) from the junkyard for $15 to check for fit first; once I verified the fit I felt a lot better about buying the pair from .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts