Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a set of power seats from a 2014 Audi TT that I’m considering putting in my 67.
Car Vehicle Car seat cover Motor vehicle Automotive design

I think the fit will be pretty good but I’m not sure how much work it will be to get power to them. Can someone enlighten me? Also do I need to remove the air bags? I’m going to reupholster them so they’ll be torn down so hopefully not a major issue. Thanks

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
Very cool seats, I doubt you need to worry about the airbags in the seat, just the inflater system to get rid of the weight - just don't hook up the power wires to the wrong wires if you decide to try them out!!!
In terms of running power, seems simple enough, I would run a power lead off the solenoid with an inline fuse and Bobs yr uncle. You could try pulling power from the fuse block which would be cleaner but you may over power a circuit. Find out what size fuse is in the Audi circuit for the fuse, that will tell you a lot. You could try tapping into the cigarette lighter circuit and just remember not to run anything with a heavy draw off the lighter at the same time you move the seats.

Make sure you sit in them before you commit and make sure they are low enough especially if you ever plan to wear a helmet.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Definitely find the wiring schematic for the seats. Hope Audi doesn’t do like BMW and put a computer on each seat that has to communicate with the main ECU of the car in order to operate. I’m putting BMW seats in my car, and ended up having to build a box that generates a 5V pulsed signal to the seat computer to trick it into staying on. Otherwise it will cut off after 5 seconds and not work. So doublecheck Audi doesn’t do something similar.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very cool seats, I doubt you need to worry about the airbags in the seat, just the inflater system to get rid of the weight - just don't hook up the power wires to the wrong wires if you decide to try them out!!!
In terms of running power, seems simple enough, I would run a power lead off the solenoid with an inline fuse and Bobs yr uncle. You could try pulling power from the fuse block which would be cleaner but you may over power a circuit. Find out what size fuse is in the Audi circuit for the fuse, that will tell you a lot. You could try tapping into the cigarette lighter circuit and just remember not to run anything with a heavy draw off the lighter at the same time you move the seats.

Make sure you sit in them before you commit and make sure they are low enough especially if you ever plan to wear a helmet.
Thanks for info! The seats are pretty slick. They’re gonna look even better when I reupholster them red! Looks like the Audi seats have two circuits, one for heat (25A) and one for lumbar (10A). I wonder if the other seat adjustments are with the lumbar 🤷‍♂️. Off to an Audi forum for that answer I guess. The lighter circuit on the 67 is 20A and also includes emergency flashers. I’ll just run two new circuits for the seats.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Definitely find the wiring schematic for the seats. Hope Audi doesn’t do like BMW and put a computer on each seat that has to communicate with the main ECU of the car in order to operate. I’m putting BMW seats in my car, and ended up having to build a box that generates a 5V pulsed signal to the seat computer to trick it into staying on. Otherwise it will cut off after 5 seconds and not work. So doublecheck Audi doesn’t do something similar.
Jeez. Why do things need to be so complicated?! Hopefully I won’t have the same issue. If you get a message from me you’ll know why lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts