Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to put PS on my 66 w/289. I was browsing the Hemmings and came across an ad from Rodes Restorations for a conversion for $850. Has anyone dealt with or know anything about them. Any other sources for a good PS system would be appreciated. I just came over from the bowtie camp and don't have that many blue oval connections and would like to get a "ready made" conversion if I can.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Don't know anything about Rodes Restorations but it is a very good price if all of the PS parts to make the switch are included (Pump, pully, all mounting brackets, control valve, hoses, slave cylinder, steering box) and are either new or rebuilt.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I bought a few things from Rode's. His prices were fair and he's very knowledgeable and helpful. I haven't had any problems with the parts and he helped me with information on doing my conversion to power steering. The help alone was worth giving him my business. I was pleased with what I got. ::

·
Registered
159 Posts
I converted my 67 to power steering with a used setup I bought off of ehay. I paid 125 for the complete setup and another 125 to have the pump, control valve and arm rebuilt. I installed the pump and lines and had my mechanic install the linkages, for another 40. my total cost was 290 for a factory correct system and it works just fine. I watch ehay all the time for power steering systems and they can be picked up for 1-200 pretty easily and you could even do the rebuild yourself if you have some time and patience.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts