Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to find the little brass seats that go into the power steering cylinder (not control valve) where the hoses connect. Mine are shot and causing a drip. I have new hoses. Any idea where I can find just the seats? These are the 1/4 inch. I don't need the cylinder. Would an o-ring work instead?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
It looks like NPD has some in both 1/4" and 5/16". With the high pressure in the power steering ram I don't think an o-ring would work, but it wouldn't cost you anything to try if you wanted to experiment.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, but NPD doesn't have them. They have them for the control valve but not the cylinder. The ones for the control valve don't work for the cylinder. I contacted NPD and they confirmed they don't have them.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Might try local Auto parts like Napa or Advance Auto. Some of the older stores rebuilt stuff like that or they worked a hydraulic shop that would rebuild water pumps and hydraulic cylinders for farm/ logging equipment.

·
Registered
4,888 Posts
Contact Chockostang.

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
The cylinder is a New China Repo. Those cylinder take different seats than Bendix. Neither Bendix 1/4"-5/16" will work.
Best bet is to resurface the old seats. We've done many, both Bendix and China.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts