Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are you guys doing for type of power steering fluid in your new systems.I have an Eaton rebuilt pump on a new project that has had everything either replaced NOS. Used to use type F or type FA but really hard to find. I have some but on the shelf,but if I have to add or top off later I am afraid I can't get anymore.So what is everybody in their older systems ?

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
I've found the local AutoZone is usually well stocked with Type F. I'm sure you could find it online. Quick search turned up Jegs, Walmart, and E-Bay all have it.

·
Registered
35,936 Posts
What are you guys doing for type of power steering fluid in your new systems.I have an Eaton rebuilt pump on a new project that has had everything either replaced NOS. Used to use type F or type FA but really hard to find. I have some but on the shelf,but if I have to add or top off later I am afraid I can't get anymore.So what is everybody in their older systems ?
Can still be found at your Ford dealer, too. Last time I needed some I got it at Tractor Supply for my old hydro.

·
Registered
9,833 Posts
Type F is not hard to find, any auto parts store will have it. Even Walmart has it on the shelf.

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
20,659 Posts
Seems odd you can't find it. What's your location? You've neglected to add it to your profile. Hold your mouse pointer over the American flag thing and you can see most people's.

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My real qyuestion is What to use on a new system Trpe F or Type FA? I know I can find type F and I have a few quarts of Type FA

·
Registered
201 Posts
Like Chock said, only high quality. Cheap stuff will foam when hot. Motorcraft is available from NPD or Summitt Racing. Even your local Ford dealer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts