Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently acquired a power steering hose bracket off of a friend's '67 vert. Unfortunately, in flipping through the catalogs, it appears to be identical to the '65-'66 hose bracket. Can anyone help to clarify this situation? I really need this bracket to mount the hoses to my '68 fastback, but cannot seem to find an adequate location. I know that there has been great debate about the actual location of this bracket in '68, but I need to know if this bracket will even work anywhere on my '68. Any help would be greatly. appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
the 65-66 hose mounting brackets mounts in a different place then the 67. Per NPD's Cat. they are different as well

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
65-66 PS brackets are different. I just went thru the same thing. When I bought my car, the PS hose ran right up against the exhaust manifolds and I did not like that. I used the '67-'70 SB bracket and mounted it to my Shock tower rib so my hoses would run underneath the car away from the manifolds. Check out how Laurie(aka Laurie_S) ran her ps hose for Murphy. This is how I ran mine. PS Hose Pict

1 - 3 of 3 Posts