Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a diagram of how the power steering hoses are ran on a 67 68 and 69 mustang with small block? If you know what hoses are used per year please ad that. I'm not sure but i believe in 69 they ran them under the car. I would like to try and do that set up on my 67. Anyone......?

·
Registered
34,480 Posts
Here's the whole deal. I had just pulled the engine out. Note this is that later 67-68 style, with the loop in the pressure hose. There is a tire carcass rubber strap that's supposed to hold it to the shock tower, broken but present.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's great guys. That 67 routing is horrible. I want to route mine underneath. Anyone know what hoses to use?

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Those were used on all BB cars 67-70. These were run down through hose bracket then up to pump.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i see. where they ran under the car and up to the pump or alongside the shock tower? thanks again

·
Registered
34,480 Posts
The 67-68 GT350, and all 67-68 BB had them below the motor mount. The 67 is tricky, because the valve had a 1/4" tube, while 68-70 had 5/16".

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks 22Gt I replaced my valve to a 5/16 port so I'm good on that..it would help if someone has a picture of the lines and routing of lines. I see in npd it seems the pressure line is 2 peice a upper and lower hose. Is that correct?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
another thought where is the power steering pump located on a big block car in relation to a small block car

1 - 14 of 14 Posts