Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi:
I am hoping to install pwr steering on my 66 Mustang Conv currently equipped with what I guess is an after market A/C unit. Belt set up now has one belt from crank to A/c and Fan, with separate belt from A/C to alternator (mounted directly above the A/C.)
I believe I need a new crank pulley/Balancer that has a double pulley set up for the pwr steering pump, and the pump would mount on the left side on the engine.
I have a rather complete used pwr steering set up with tie rods, drag link and control valve, but no pump or pump mounting bracket ( Actually have a bracket for V8).
Does anyone have pictures of similar set up, and know where to get the balancer and mounting bracket ( Mustangs Unlimited seems to have the bracket).
Thanks, JOhn

·
Premium Member
1,567 Posts
Here's a couple fotos I have on my 'puter. You need the "add-on" pulley for the balancer -- it is a C3 part number I believe. Too freakin' cold outside to even look -- sorry. Dean

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Dean:
Thanks for the pics. I will try to get the addon pulley. I see on EBAY a new double balancer is available for $250.00 or so - sounds way too high . Any ideas where to find the add on pulley? I only have a Mustangs Unlimited Catalog, and all they have are V8 pulleys. Thanks for your help
John

·
Premium Member
1,567 Posts
Swap meet or eBay would be best places for a used pulley -- all I'm aware of being available. Dean

·
Registered
1,528 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,567 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Guys:
Dean, thanks, did not expect you to freeze yourself. I recently left CT , and am in Mississippi just to avoid that freezing - drove the 66 Mustang. I will use that info to obtain the double crank add on. From what I am getting, that is the thing I need, don't believe I need a double water pump pulley as the AC has a double pulley for the Alt.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts