Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a new control valve and cylinder. I still have the old pump. This is my problem. I let the car sit over night or longer. When I first start it up it turns great. After a short time I loss power steering. It comes back for a while then feels like it binds. I can't find any obvious clearance problems. I did a search and couldn't find much. Did I overtighten a ball joint or something? ::

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Even if the pump is not working you should still be able turn the wheels, but it will feel like you have manual steering. Are the cylinder to ctrl valve hoses hooked up correctly? If they are swapped, this could be the problem.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Rob, back in 1988, I bought my PS parts kit from Roger Rode in Ohio, who runs a business just selling PS parts for Mustangs. In various circumstances, I have called him since then with questions. He is very, very knowledgeable and willing to help. Why not give him a call since he has seen it all ? Roger Rode: 419-468-5182

Rob, on our other favorite subject ( Duraspark ), I am almost ready to put my Duraspark set-up in the 'Stang. Do you remember what timing spec you used ? How exactly did you adjust the timing after you dropped the distributor in the block ?? THANKS again !

-Jeff

1 - 3 of 3 Posts