Vintage Mustang Forums banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
34,183 Posts
I was convinced that Borgeson was based on a GM "Delphi 600" box? Some other kits are based on an older Toyota box
IIRC, the first Borgeson's were based on an Isuzu box which had the necessary configuration and simply needed to have the mounting pattern modified to match the Ford pattern.

·
Administrator
19,673 Posts
I've always felt like I was chasing the vehicle slightly on long straights.
You seem to have power assisted steering confused with front end alignment there.

·
Registered
661 Posts
IIRC, the first Borgeson's were based on an Isuzu box which had the necessary configuration and simply needed to have the mounting pattern modified to match the Ford pattern.
Yes the early ones was modified Isuzu Trooper boxes I believe. Then at some point they came with a housing that had had "Borgeson" cast into it. Isuzu have had connection to GM for years. The boxes for early Mustangs may be different, but Borgeson says "Delphi 600 design" by most of boxes they make to other car models.

The pics below are both Borgeson boxes for early 65-67 Mustang.
borgeson1.jpg
borgeson2.jpg

·
Registered
661 Posts
There are several kits out there, based on different designs. CPP got this for early Mustang, says it's 13,6:1 or 2,75 turns lock to lock.
cpp400.jpg

41 - 47 of 47 Posts