Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever had the guts to rebuild a powersteering valve on a ´68? A new one from your country will cost me 260$ plus shipping (and another shipping-fee for the core to send back), so forget about that. Most part suppliers offer rebuild-kits. I think my steering is not precise since the ball and stud assembly is worn out. Do these kits contain the parts and has anyone done it before. I feel like I could do it myself, but I´m no pro. Should I? Or better buy the whole thing?
Any advise is appreciated

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
Have rebuilt many, mostly for 68's, it is not hard. The kits most vendors sell are complete with all parts needed for the rebuild. If you dissassemble and carefully clean all parts, the reassemble per the instructions, you should be OK.

I also recomend replacing the tube seats which you will have to find separatly.

[color:blue]68 GT500[color:blue]
[color:green]68 1/2 CJ Coupe</font color=green>

[color:red]MCA# 18519[color:red]

·
Registered
652 Posts
I agree with SHELBY. I just did mine, and although it was my first time, it went very smoothly. Make sure
you get the larger kit that includes the ball stud pieces as well as the springs, seals, and bushigns for the
valve body. Take your time, follow the directions (get the big blue shop manual if you don't already have
it). You can get the hose seats from Dallas Mustang. Good luck.

Rich
'67 C-code 'vert (Dees67)
'69 GT Project car - For Sale
Milford, NH

1 - 4 of 4 Posts