Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to my workplace injury, I am currently barred from the garage, but as soon as I get the doctor's clearance, it looks like I'll have to remove one of my power top cylinders. I had to move the lines to install a Canadian Mustang behind-the-seat bulkhead, and in the course of doing that, I wiped out the threads where the upper line goes into the plastic part of the cylinder. (They failed so easily that I suspect I had some help from the PO. :pissed:) I intend to tap for a larger fitting, and to do this, it appears that removal will be necessary. I've checked shop manual, assembly manual, and Chilton manual for an exploded diagram, all without success. Is there anything that I should know before I dive into this? It looks to be fairly straightforward--a couple of bolts accessed through a slot, and the pin at top of the shaft--but I've learned to be leary of anything that looks easy on this car. Anybody who'se been there--what say you? TIA

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Here's a link that might help. Link

·
Registered
5,674 Posts
It is that easy. You can either remove the entire bracket/cylinder by taking out the three bolts that hold it to the well, or just unbolt one of the sides and remove the cylinder assembly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts