Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I've recently purchased some of those power window crack switches. The 1965 mustang had a very large hole in it where the crack comes thru. So the screws will not mount. How did you guys do this. I was thinking of making a plate that bolts where the old window crank bolted and then drill the three holes. What did you guys do?

·
Registered
494 Posts
I made a template out of cardboard that had the holes and then lined it up with existing holes so I only had to drill one and enlarge the other, it’s pretty easy actually.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Which ones did you buy? I bought some from Autoloc and man they did not work like i wanted them to. They came with assorted shafts and no matter which one i used it was always loose. The switch did not always "click" and would often get stuck in the up or down position. I ended pulling them and just put the crank back but did disable it. i still have power windows and just used a window switch that i mounted to my center console. Doesn't look that bad to me

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Didn't one of the kits come with a "switch" that was really just a re-used crank that you just pushed either up or down(like the door latch handle) to roll the windows up or down? I seem to remember seeing one somewhere...always thought that was the cleanest way to do it, even if you can't remotely control the other windows that way

1 - 5 of 5 Posts