Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about installing a set of pre-bent brake lines on my car while I am doing the new Wilwood kit install. Anyone had any good or bad luck with these? Does the engine have to be out in order to install? I will only be doing the front lines right now although I'm sure the rears would be a lot easier. ::
Thanks

·
Registered
453 Posts
I have used them and have had very good luck with them. One was a stock replacment one was a disc conversion. There was a little tweaking but nothing to far out of line. I did have my engine out each time I installed them but do not think it would be required just easier.

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
I order a set of pre-bent for my entire car..MC to front and back from Mplus. Not sure where they sourced them from, but they were a nice fit with only a little bit of tweaking needed.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I'm using Classic Tubes, just finished the fronts with the engine in. Fairly easy, just had to do a bit of weaving through some of the wiring. Fit is real good.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Same here. Bought new stainless lines for the entire car from NPD. No problems with fit. The only inconvenience was the front-to-rear line which comes bent for shipping. Had to take a while and straighten it out before installing.

Frank

·
Registered
514 Posts
The pre-bent lines worked great for me. The front to rear line being bent in half by NPD happened to me too and it does suck. I guess they do it to reduce shipping cost.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I just finished a dual MC conversion and I used the prebent lines from classic tube. They were TOP quality and pretty much ready to fit right into the car. Make sure you get a good tube bender though so you can make the small adjustments that will almost always be necessary.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
put Classic Tube lines on mine including tran lines to radiator. only tough one was rear to front in the front area where it goes up to diverter valve. rest a piece of cake with no changes. that front to back line is doubled up for shippping and since i live only 3 miles from Classic Tube i did not have to straighted it out. top quality stuff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts