Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Friends,
Bob here! Back from the dead and begging the pardon of all. I've been away from VMF for about a week on pressing family business, and oh, yeah, Brandon's Eagle Scout Court of Honor the other night was a memorable evening. Just about worked myself into the hospital preparing for it. Those things are the goiyshe equivalent of a Bar Mitzvah, and damned near killed me. BUT, I'm a proud Eagle Dad.

Now back to Mustang business... The driving distance from Knott's to Knowlwood's in Anaheim (Not Orange) is 12 miles and the driving time is 18 to 25 minutes depending on traffic. The driving distance from Knott's to Don Jose's is 2 miles, the driving time is five minutes.

As I've stated before, I have nothing against the burger place, but having played the "out-of-towner" before, I urge you all to try the Mexican restaurant. Based on MrGem's tally of about 25 bodies, and the predisposition of Old Farts to imbibe stuff like Glenfiddich (Teebone) or Knob Creek(67Delilah) I think that Don Jose's offers the range in menu and bar to suit just about everyone. So its time for a reckoning, y'all. The back banquet room seats 60, but I dont think we will have that many. The Cantina seats upt to 100. I will inquire about reserving a section if that's OK with everyone. The manager urged me to consider a banquet menu with a fixed price of about $12 to 13 a head (plus plus) and that may or may not work for this diverse group. Anyway, give me your feedback, and its great to be back from the dead!!

"When you hear pounding hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras." - Dr. Harold Slavkin, Dean USCSD

·
Registered
10,587 Posts
Thanks Bob....

My wife suggested DJ's as well because Knowlwoods just doesn't have the setup for a large group and the menu and libation (to her recollection) was too limited. She's definitely going to take me to the old one out in Orange before we leave Sunday as she says their burgers are to die for...

Given the diverse nature of the group and the reality that 12-13.00/head isn't that big a bargain for prix fixe, I'd suggest reserving a couple of big booths or having them put together a couple of family tables in the main dining room and have everyone order on their own...
Hey, I might want some fish tacos or something...*G*

That's my .02....
Thanks for all your efforts...

Once you finalized details, post the address and phone number of the restaurant and brief directions to get there, such as a cross street, etc...

Pat
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1570936&a=11937754&p=42910787.jpg

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Off course I am game for anything, but I think $12 - 13 a head before you buy drinks will make this venture a lil pricey. I agree seating in the main room and ordering would make more $$ sense.

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
Sounds like a nice place..I am okay with mexican food and the price..Looking forward to seeing you again..whatever we all decide, I'll be there..

'59 T-Bird..[color:blue]'70 Mustang Convert</font color=blue>...[color:green]'72 Mach One</font color=green>
http://www.geocities.com/theadgroup/t-bird.jpg
The Black Beauty, The old lady in my stable

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Sounds great! Unfortunately.... The wife and I are going to have to back out. Just found out my son has a baseball game that Saturday, and my daughters softball team that I'm coaching has team photo's on Sunday. I was looking forward to getting away and talking with the lot of you, but prior commitments take priority. So anyway, MrGem please take my name off the list. I'll just have to wait until next year and hope things work out better.

Doug

[color:red]VMF Exchange Board</font color=red>
http://members.spree.com/entertainment/whizco/owner/dwhisenant/66tl2.jpg
[color:blue]My Mustang is Camera Shy</font color=blue>/forums/images/icons/blush.gif<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by whizco on 03/23/01 12:33 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just for eveyone to know, I've been going to Don Jose's for 18 years, and it's a great restarant!! Have fun!!

65 coupe 302
(rebuilding a 351W)

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Doug,

Sorry you won't be able to be there. I'll take lot-o-pics to bring those of you who could not attend.

Shannon a.k.a. The ShanMan! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif
66' Vintage Burgundy C-code coupe
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1571656&a=11943851&p=42935059&Sequence=2.jpg

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
$12-$13 for food.....$40-$50 for booze.....I don't see the problem!

Shannon a.k.a. The ShanMan! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif
66' Vintage Burgundy C-code coupe
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1571656&a=11943851&p=42935059&Sequence=2.jpg

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Thanks Bob and congrats to your son. I got as far as Life Scout myself, but never went all the way. Quite the accomplishment. DJ's sounds good. I have no problem with the 'package meal/banquet room' or tables among the general population. Either works for us. I just hope DJ's other customers are ready for this group. I will publish an updated attendee list (sorry whizco can't make it). Hopefully, Bob's new shirts will be ready by then and we can recognize each other.

Glenn Morgan 66 GT Fastback 351w+toploader

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Thanks Shannon,

If your going to be taking photos, If you see any 66 Mustangs with "Parchment Interior", ESPECIALLY "Parchment with Aqua Appointments", Can you take some good shots of the interior for me? Especially the painted dash area, quarter trim panels where it meets at the headliner. I'm still going to change my interior to those colors regardless, but some good photos would sure help. If you can't, don't worry about it.

You can send me a private message if you want to dicuss it further.

Doug

[color:red]VMF Exchange Board</font color=red>
http://members.spree.com/entertainment/whizco/owner/dwhisenant/66tl2.jpg
[color:blue]My Mustang is Camera Shy</font color=blue>/forums/images/icons/blush.gif

1 - 10 of 10 Posts