Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
19,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, I'm pooped after all day in the heat working on my 1968 coupe. First, I cleaned and detailed the trunk, including the new spare tire I got in replacement for a defective one (thanks Coker Tire!), so that's all done. But that was the easy part.

Then I moved to the undercarriage, and cleaned and repainted all the pinchwelds, did a little undercarriage cleaning and touch-up, repainted a little of the third member (and found more of the factory paint mark on it), and started getting some red paint on the rear U-bolt nuts, which had faded rather badly. I found a Toyota paint /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif that matched the correct red perfectly.

I still have more to do on the undercarriage, and then comes the engine, interior, and exterior. I think I'll be ready, if I don't get any more surprises from Murphy.

BTW, I drove Murphy today first to go get some gas and give the car a bit of a run. Fun, fun, fun!!! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
I don't have that kind of patience.

·
Administrator
19,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, but it's all worth it when people walk up to the car at a show and say "WOW!" /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

1 - 3 of 3 Posts