Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the years I've collected all kinds of spare gaskets, paper, rubber, carb, intake, exhaust, rebuild kit spares, etc. How do you preserve these gaskets, so they can be reused later, a year or two or five later.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I recently came upon some paper carb gaskets from a decade ago. I stored them in a ziploc bag in the garage. The gaskets were completely usable still. So I'd just say seal them up in a clean, dry bag and store them in a safe place. Remove as much air as you can.

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
Paper should store fine, anything rubber will have a finite life. We have that problem at work, rubber products, especially natural rubber, dry out and crack with age. There may be some synthetic products that last better ?

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
20,453 Posts
I just stick mine in a largish FelPro box that's on end next to a tool box. I dumped it out the other day and there were some perfectly fine gaskets for the 2.8 Aerostar I sold 20 years ago mixed in with the small block Ford stuff. So I guess if you bothered to shelve them in plastic bags they'd probably outlast the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts