Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, my car's going into the shop tomorrow for paint and I've got to make a decision. I've never seen Presidential Blue in person on a car, but from what I've seen online of pictures it almost seems black which I don't want. Just wanted to get an opinion from anyone that has seen these 2 colors in person which one stands out more midnight blue rather than black. Or any other suggestions of a midnight blue paint that's not too dark that it appears black. Thanks for any help.

Also does anyone know what shade of white was used on the '65-68 Shelby LeMans stripes? Is it wimbeldon white?

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
I can't speak for presidential blue, but I can tell you the Nightmist blue is a gorgeous color. I had it on my 67 GT 500. (Shelby's called it dark blue metallic) It is a dark royal blue but I don't think you would mistake it for black. I can email you a picture if you would like to see it. And yes the stripes were Wimbleton white

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
after a yr trying to pick a color for my 67 GT350 clone im going nightmist blue after seeing it in person.So i vote nightmist blue :)

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I had presidential blue on my 68 and it an AWESOME color. It's pretty rare to see one in that color (well around these parts anyways) and I always loved it. Ive seen both in person and it depends on thel ight you see those colors in. On an overcast day from a distance it will look almost black, and that is both the nightmist and the presidential. My vote is Presidential as it is a great color of blue. I can send you pics of mine if you would like. I cleaned up the rims on the car and used a car of spray paint and some clear coat to make the rims white with the "poverty cap" hubcaps. Turned out looking really really good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts