Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced the control valve on my mach1 and am having problems with one of the pressure lines. The pressure line to the control valve seems to hit the pitman arm when im trying to install it and this scenario is what caused the other pressure line to fail in the first place. After searching through this forim for the past few hours, i tend to think the pressure line i bought is a repro and not a NOS or OEM Ford part. Does anyone know where i can get original or NOS power steering lines? Its either that or find a shop that will make custom pressure lines. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Mike

·
Registered
157 Posts
I changed my P/S hoses a few months ago, I could not find the "factory" hoses, but the repo hoses from National Parts Depot fit and do not rub. NPD lists the factory hoses in their catalog, but at the time I ordered the were factory back ordered as I remember....landry

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
i have aftermarket gates brand hoses and have no problems whatsoever. if you have one the cheap one piece pressure lines that is your problem. the original pressure line is a 2 piece unit and so are the gates hoses i use. hope that will help you find the correct one.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i went back to Mustangs Unlimited and ordered the same line, same part number, and the line i got was a Gates line. It fit perfectly! Thanks for all your help on this. If i can figure out how to post a pic, i'll put it up here :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts