Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just gotta say that if do any wrenching you should get one! I'm changing the timing chain on the 460 in my F250 and I don't know if it's old age or what but I'm tired of working on cruddy stuff, the youthfull romance is gone *LOL*. I powerwashed the front of the engine ( has 116,000 miles ) after I removed all the accessories. Now I have a nice clean engine to dis-assemble with minimal clean-up. My tools will be easier to clean up when I done too.

A bit of advice: when I buy items, like the pressure washer, I usually shop the returned items at Sears or their repair center by me. I've got some screaming deals there! So check them out next time you need something.

Tom
You can do anything you want to......ONCE!
aka "my 66 coupe"

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
I'm with you! The pressure washer is one of the best tools in the garage. I've found that a good soaking in undiluted Simple Green followed by pressure washing works wonders on any greasy engine bay.

DanM
66 Coupe, check her out at http://www.66CoupeNW.stangnet.com

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education" - Albert Einstein

G

·
0 Posts
I just picked up a new 6 hp 2400psi at Walmart on clearance for $250 this week, can't wait till I get to do some serious cleaning, I have been tired of getting my hands dirty too-guess it is something to do with getting older, maybe wiser.

1967 S code GT Deluxe Coupe 65B
1966 Convertible 76B 289 4 speed

Descendent of Francois Seguin dit Laderoute,
Soldier Regiment d' Carignan, New France 1665-1668

1 - 3 of 3 Posts