Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK it's one of those sticky sweet kid stories, click off now if you're diabetic.

My 22 month old grand daughter Saleen loves to watch her PAPA in the garage with his Mustangs. First place she heads when she comes to grandma's house is the garage looking for PAPA. She always walks into the garage looks all around with big wide eyes and says "Ooooo".
Last weekend she came to our car show and rode around in her stroller. She'd point at all the shiney cars "Pretty Mustang, DON'T TOUCH!" Cracked me up!
This past weekend her parents took her to Yellowstone. There was a Corvette show and cruise going on. Again she was wheeled around the parking lot while her mom and dad looked at the shiney cars. Again Saleen is saying "Pretty Mustangs..." My daughter says some of the owners gave them real funny looks.
Guess we have to teach her the difference between plastic and metal.
J.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
How cute! I must say Joyce, I was shocked to read you were a grandmother. You sure you're old enough? ;) What a cutie, I can just imagine her saying that! Can't wait for my son to get to that point!

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
You named your daughter Saleen?

Wow.

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Ah, grand daughter. So her name isn't OFFICIALLY Saleen, is it? Shelby I can kinda see, but not Saleen.

·
Registered
Current cars include 1969 Mach 1 and 1970 Cougar XR7 convertible
8,581 Posts
Along the theme of "Kids say the darndest things", my next door neighbor got a new golf club the other day and was making chip shots from the lawn, over the driveway, aiming for a garbage can next to the fence. He offered me a chance to try out the club and I gave the ball a whack. As the ball went over the fence, his 3 your old daughter who was watching all this exclaimed, "Oh $hit!!!" I practically wet my pants.

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Different strokes for different folks, but I think naming a child Saleen is evil... :)

If I were her, I'd definitely start going by Sally ASAP.

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Saleen is a nice name now that I think about it. Heck, I have a student named LeBaron. THAT would suck!

James

K

·
0 Posts
Don't be asking his grandson's name......Rousch :D

Ya just knew that one was coming..... ::

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Rousch and Saleen both sound like what they are; last names. I dunno.

Shelby has been a first name at least as long as it's been a last name. But I don't think "Saleen" or "Rousch" were ever first names before the cars of the namesake.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts