Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was washing the mach today, and a paint chip flew off of the driver side front fender!!!!

I knew the paint wasnt the greatest in the world but damn man! I think my neighbors have heard everything out of the book of curse today!

Im pretty temped to strip the car, and blast everything off of it and run around on primer until I can afford a friggin paint job /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

anyway thanks for reading .

actually if you look at my sig pic, right above the hocky stick stripe it is above the body line, about the size of a silver dollar

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LoL NOWAY!!!! I still love the car way to much!!!

G

·
0 Posts
This may sound totally NUTS, but do you have the paint chip still? Will it fit back into place? If so, super glue to the rescue! Yep, crazy glue that paint chip back on. It will look much better than blasting off all the other paint and driving in primer until you can afford the paint job. Besides, primer is not water proof and the metal will rust under it.
BTW, You behaved like this on a Sunday? Oh well, you had a good excuse.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Have a body paint store march up a quart of paint. You'll spend up to $100 to get all the thinner and things you need. Strip a secontion down at a time, fix it up and reshoot that area in matching color. Then in a year or 2 do a ful reshoot. I wouldn't take a car all the way down unless the car was a backet case or had already been reshot or i was looking to build a show car.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Good thing you don't live in Silicon Valley, home of door dingers and paint chippers from 87 different countries. You wouldn't be able to ever leave your car (of course I've had dings put in right before my very eyes by an nice 85 year old lady who didn't even know (or at least act like she knew) she'd just done it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts