Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A little while ago i posted a question on how much a 9 inch rear end could sell for. well i was unclear on this and forgot to mention that they are both 9 inch rear ends COMPLETE from drum to drum, axles and all. I also have 2 8 inch rears complete from Drum to Drum. they are all in good condition. so if someone could please give me an idea of what they are worth? I saw a 9 inch rear complete in the Recycler and the guy was asking $750, is this reasonable? Thanks guys!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A 9" from a 65 shelby drum to drum $2000.
A 9" from a 74 torino drum to drum $50.
Is it one of these? If not what do they come out of? What are the gear ratios? Do they have posi's?
Do they have "N" cases? Are the axles 31 or 28 spline? Are they disc brake rears? Are they set up
for leaf springs? Oh yeah I almost forgot.. What condition are they in?
jimbo

M.C.A.# 50000
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1575692&a=11979479&p=43517165.jpg

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I sold a 9" limited slip out of a 72 Mach1 for $250 in good condition. It still had the stagard shock/sway bar brackets on it. The best thing is I sold it to a guy that was going to put it in a mustang. I would have ask more for a GM bound car

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Unless it's something special, $750 is a bit expensive. A couple of years ago, I picked up a complete rear, drum to drum, for $400. It had 3.5 gears and a locker, completely rebuilt with new gears. I'd say keep looking, you'll find a better deal.

Rob
Member: Slightly Modified
66 coupe 302
66 fastback 351W

·
Registered
655 Posts
I agree that it really depends on how it is setup and what it is for. Example: I bought a 9 inch posi with rear disc for the 69 that cost me $550.00. I also spent only $120.00 for an 8 inch drum to drum on the 66. A 9 inch drum to drum for the 66 would have cost me an arm and a leg!!

69 Fastback <== Still Not Complete After 4 Years
66 Fastback 6cyl, 3 speed <== Collecting Parts for a 5.0 EFI conversion

1 - 5 of 5 Posts