Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at VERY clean Original '67 hardtop with ONLY 28K miles. It has a 289/2 barrel with factory AC. The bottom and motor compartment still look great. It still has all the original paint. (Great shape) Someone added a GT grill, Wheels, and Gas cap. White with a black inside. This car is close to being "perfect". A very nice ALL original type of car.
Now, my question, What is this thing worth? What should I offer the seller? (Its not a convertible, its not a fastback, and its not a GT.)
Any input will be helpful.

Thanks Ken

·
Registered
309 Posts
I have a 48K original mile 68 coupe. My best guess is
$5-8K. Look at the chrome if it is not pitted and the rubber busings in the steering/suspension is not cracked then more toward the high end. Mileage has nothing to do with the expense of replacing these type items. If it is a desirable color possibly $More. All you have to do is drive a 100K plus mile car (even well maintained/restored) and then drive a low mileage car and the difference is significant.

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
I would say it was higher than $8K. I just sold a acadian blue coupe that was nice but it was a redo. New inbterior, paint was nice, good solid body, etc. A great driver but no show car for $6,700.00. I would think that the car you describe is worth between $9,500 to $12,500.00 depending on how nice and original it really is.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
You are asking two totally different questions here - - "what is it worth" and "what should I offer."

Never offer too much to start. If it really is a nice car offer $5000. If they say yes you got a great deal, if they say no you have room to negotiate. If you start out at $12000 you have no where to go.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Coupes aren't worth as much, as you know. Look at options, color, originality, etc. when considering an offer price. I have many a times let enthusiasm overcome rationale, consequently agreeing to prices that were clearly too high. Start at 5k, don't go over 8k. Look at nadaguides.com if you are really curious. Good luck!

·
Registered
10,006 Posts
One intangible that we ALL have delt with is how much value does the current owner place on his own "memory" value. Some folks wish to be paid handsomely for this. They feel that since they have owned it for soooo long, they should get extra money for that. Yeah, this is IF they took excellent care of the vehicle.
And, ah, the old speedometers go back to zero at 100,000 miles. You need some proof that the condition of the car matches the mileage.
Are there any receipts?, oh, none after 1970 when the odo said 27999?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts