Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
66 vert, nice Spingtime yellow paint with corner stripes. AC, P/S bench seats-non-pony, 289-2v (I think) Automatic.

Seats VG, needs some interior work, straight body, looks very original--single MC. didn't check for underbody rust or runing condition--looks like it has been in someones garage under a cover for 20 years--last registration was 1982.

Low, high, middle?

J. Boggs

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Sounds like a nice list of options. It will need some freshening at the least if it's been sitting that long.
Assuming it's drivable, and has a good top

low - $4000 needs rockers and floors (most verts do)
mid - $6000 needs paint and mechanicals but car is solid
high - $9000 needs tires, buff paint, rebuild brakes, a/c

When it's finished, I wouldn't take less than 12k for a car with those options.

/forums/images/icons/blush.gifClick here to see free live bare topless Coppertonecam images./forums/images/icons/blush.gif
/forums/images/icons/smile.gifMy new 64 1/2 vert/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Turns out this car belonged to a dealer that had bought it at an estate sale--he said it was locked up in a trailer for the last 20 something years. I asked him what he wanted for it and he said $15,000. When I said it would take $5000 to put it in tip top shape he kinda laughed and said "I'm going to sell it to somebody that gets a wild hair and want's to drive it for the summer, then they'll get tired of it and I can buy it back a couple of years from now for 1/2 price, then sell it to somebody else for $18,000 2 or 3 years from now."

What a guy. I wonder what he paid for it? I'm thinking about running an ad in the paper "I buy old Mustangs." Wonder what would happen?

J. Boggs

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
I've got friends (and there are plenty of ads like that around here all the time in the papers) that used to post ads in the local paper in the fall ..... buy 4-6 Mustangs. And use their parts for swap meets for the following year.

The guy is right (depending on the real condition and the region of the country) about buying and selling the car back and forth. Done it many times

Jeff Speegle
MCA Shelby Gold Card

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/6473
Mustang & Shelby research, documentation

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1609818&a=12284202&p=44925357&Sequence=7&res=high.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts