Vintage Mustang Forums banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
I got a kick out of your posts. Quite the journey you have going there! I'm envious you have driven your car around. Looks like we started with about the same level of usable original parts, however, you're going way more custom than I am. Makes me wish I chose that route. Perhaps on my next stang. I'm getting ready to weld in my quarter panels and the engine should be complete in a few months. You've given me a goal to drive my car around without doors!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Nice work!

I absolutely love the doodles all over the sides of the car. Is that from your kid(s)? I'd honestly think about just clearcoating the car as is and running with it... It's really cool looking and what a conversation starter. That said, I wonder how degreasing and the solvents in clear coat would affect the doodles...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Nice work!

I absolutely love the doodles all over the sides of the car. Is that from your kid(s)? I'd honestly think about just clearcoating the car as is and running with it... It's really cool looking and what a conversation starter. That said, I wonder how degreasing and the solvents in clear coat would affect the doodles...
Thank yeah it’s from my daughter I love it. It’s actually just coated in Gibbs oil and I don’t believe I will do any more then that to it. I love it all raw and mean looking. I might scorch brite all uniform so the door and genders match but still gonna let my daughter draw on it. She loves being a part of it and I love that she enjoys it. I built it to use so well that’s what it’s for.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Thank you. yeah it’s from my daughter I love it. It’s actually just coated in Gibbs oil and I don’t believe I will do any more then that to it. I love it all raw and mean looking. I might scorch brite all uniform so the door and fenders match but still gonna let my daughter draw on it. She loves being a part of it and I love that she enjoys it. I built it to use so well that’s what it’s for.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Thank yeah it’s from my daughter I love it. It’s actually just coated in Gibbs oil and I don’t believe I will do any more then that to it. I love it all raw and mean looking. I might scorch brite all uniform so the door and genders match but still gonna let my daughter draw on it. She loves being a part of it and I love that she enjoys it. I built it to use so well that’s what it’s for.
I've never heard of Gibbs Oil before. Just read about it and it seems really interesting. I might have to figure it a use for it!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

61 - 70 of 70 Posts