Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.. Looking for some options on where you had mounted your Pro Flo ECU (inside the cab. If going into the engine bay, I'd just have to pick an unoccupied spot, of which there aren't many).

The EEC-iv ECU i had sort of upside down, using a wiper bolt and various other bracketry. It wasn't fun to access. Likewise, had I thought ahead (15 years ago), I would have made an alcove in a kick panel going into the fender, but I didn't, so I'm not going to.

Soooo, any other thoughts? Hah

Thanks!

·
Registered
929 Posts
I know it's a bit of work.. but I got the coyote computer boxes from MTF that I plan to weld into the kick panels on my rusty '65.

I'm going to run the terminator setup (using 5.0L efi manifolds) and plan to mount its ECU there.

Others taker out the glovebox cardboard and mount it in there.

·
Registered
12,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, that was my last sentence of the first post. Not happening at this point in my life. hah (Glovebox is used as a glovebox).

I was just digging around in the passenger compartment. Looks like engine bay mounting may be in my future, unfortunately.

The irony of ditching my Eec-iv to go with the SNiper to clean up the engine bay/wiring, have that be a big stinking turd, then installing this, which has more wiring than my original setup!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm planning to steal Nailbender's idea of making a plate that mounts to the front side of the bottom of the dash under or just to the left of the glovebox.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Putting my fast xfi computer up high on the driver side kick panel. Then run the wires straight through to the area behind the fender then I’ll drill through the inner fender just above the rail I to the engine bay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just threw it on the RH inner fender apron (Near the blower motor). Seems to be sealed. Should be good!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Just another idea in the mix, I have a Painless Perfect system which uses a MEFI 4 ecu and I have a console. I mounted my ecu ahead of the garage door compartment on the tunnel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts